The 2017 edition of the is now available for pre-order! Reserve your copy today!
The Quilter’s Planner includes:
This year’s edition is full of improvements made from the comments and suggestions you provided, including:
- Weekly and monthly calendar pages
- Laminated cover and tabs to last all year NEW!
- Gorgeous quilt photography by Kitty Wilkin, of Night Quilter NEW!
- More Project Planning Pages
- More quilt patterns by top designers (14 to be exact!), 2 in the planner and 12 in a digital download ebook NEW!
- Stickers for adding flare to your planning pages NEW!
- A pocket on the back cover NEW!
- Weekly block designs (with links to full online tutorials)
- Weekly free motion quilting designs (and links to how-to videos!) NEW!
- A small, elegant, companion planner for when you’re on the go (additional purchase required- upgrade to include this for only $10 more) NEW!
- A color chart from Cloud 9 Fabrics Cirrus Solids to help you choose the perfect fabric for your next quilt NEW!
The Quilter’s Planner is the first of its kind, designed specifically for busy, creative quilters who have many life responsibilities. It contains everything you need to organize the work, personal and quilting parts of your life. This project represents a beautiful collaboration of members of our quilting community. More than 35 quilting bloggers generously submitted their blocks for inclusion, and 14 renowned designers contributed patterns to make this planner a truly inspirational tool for all quilters.
Join our mailing list and receive updates on the release of the 2017 planner. You’ll also get free printables from the book that will help simplify and organize your life.
The weekly two-page calendar has plenty of space to write your daily appointments. The left hand margin has instructions for an original quilt block design developed by fantastic bloggers in our quilting community. The bottom of the page has separate areas for writing your work, personal and quilting to do lists, and an area for notes.
The paper is high-quality, which means highlighters will not bleed through. At the top of each day, there is space to write your daily top three — the most important 3 things you need to get done to have a successful day.
The monthly calendar is simple and uncluttered, allowing you the space you need to plan your life.
The left margin has a space to set your monthly goals, to inspire and remind you about what you’re working toward achieving each month. It could be living a healthier life, it could be to finish the quilt that’s sitting on your shelf. It’s up to you! But research shows that setting realistic goals and writing them down leads to more success, so go for it!
I designed The Quilter’s Planner not only to be a place that you track your appointments and responsibilities, but also a place you can plan and organize your crafting projects.
The planner contains graph paper for sketching new quilt designs, and space to doodle and practice your free motion quilting designs.
This page allows you to list all of your Works in Progress, so you can see all of your quilting projects in one place. You can track your progress, priorities and deadlines.
There are sections to keep notes about what materials you have, what you need, and the steps you need to take to finish. And my favorite part? You can even attach fabric swatches at the bottom and a picture or sketch of your project at the top, with included sticky dots!
There are 14 beautiful full quilt and sewing patterns, with color instructions, by amazing quilt designers, including Amy Friend of During Quiet Time, Amy Sinibaldi of Nana and Co., Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter, AnneMarie Chany of GenXQuilters, Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs, Christa Watson of Christa Quilts, Karen Lewis of Karen Lewis Textiles, Kari Vojtechovsky of Craft-Happy, Katie Blakesley of Swim Bike Quilt, Lee Monroe of May Chappell, Lindsey Rhodes of LR Stitched, Rita Hodge of Red Pepper Quilts, Stephanie Palmer of Late Night Quilter and Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl.
The planner also contains a reference section with important quilting measurements and construction techniques for common designs.
This year you’ll find a selection of my favorite quotes that will keep you inspired all year long. These meaningful quotes, in beautiful typography, are perfect for pinning up on your craft room wall.
- Look at the big picture and know what’s coming. The monthly calendars allow you to get a bird’s eye view of your year and months so you can plan ahead and stay organized.
- Manage your time. A daily appointment calendar allows you to easily keep track of where you need to be, and how you spend your time.
- Create a keepsake of your quilting and personal life. By tracking your projects and life, you are keeping a journal, a snap-shot of your life. You can look back in years to come and see how you’ve grown and all you’ve achieved.
- Be inspired. Inspirational quotes and beautiful artwork keep you motivated and encourage creativity.
- Customize it. This planner is designed to be tailored to your life. Whether you’re balancing work and your creative life, or setting new goals as a quilter, this planner gives you flexibility to use it in the way that serves you best.
- Follow your bliss. Manage your time and set realistic goals so you can do more of what you love!
- Get focused. Weekly and daily layouts, and room to prioritize your daily top three tasks that need to get done allow you to focus your attention on the most important things in your life.
The Quilter’s Planner will be made in the USA, printed in Austin, Texas.