The Quilter’s Planner team is so excited to have you join us for our 2022 Block of the Month as we sew the Checkerboard Sampler designed by Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs. Keep reading for more information about the pattern, how to join along, and everyone’s favorite part of the sew along: PRIZES!
All you need to participate in our Block of the Month sew-along is your copy of the 2022 Quilter’s Planner and some fabric! Each month, you can go to The Quilter’s Planner Facebook group for help, advice, encouragement and to get questions answered by the QP community! You can also post your blocks on Instagram for a chance to win one of our quarterly prizes! Don’t forget that you can join in at any point during the year; it’s never too late.
How to join in the QP 2022 Block of the Month Sew-Along
1. First, make sure you have the 2022 Quilter’s Planner!
The sampler pattern can be found exclusively in the Patterns section of the 2022 Quilter’s Planner. All of the pattern notes, instructions and fabric requirements can be found there!
2. Choose a colorway and select fabrics:
Fabric requirements are listed for the whole project on the first page of the pattern. They are also listed per block, if you do not plan to sew the entire sampler.
For our Checkerboard Sampler, we used high contrast background colors (Kona White and Kona Gotham Grey) with some beautiful Tula Pink mid-toned fabrics. If you want to make your Checkerboard Sampler to match ours, we’ve partnered with editor Lorinda’s favorite local quilt shop, Quilting Mayhem, to bring you a bundle of all 11 Tula Pink fabrics used in the foreground of our blocks. You can order online and have your bundle shipped anywhere in the US.
If you prefer something different, you can print the Checkerboard Sampler Coloring Page and try out some other color choices. Choose your favorite!
3. Add the BOM deadlines into your Quilter’s Planner calendar
It’s easy to forget to sew your blocks, but adding all the deadlines to your calendar now will help you stay on track during the year so you never miss a deadline! Use the schedule below to plan BOM your sewing days.
4. Join the community!
Share the graphic below to let your friends know you’ll be joining in the 2022 BOM, then share your coloring pages, fabric selections and sewing progress throughout the year.
5. Finally, enter you blocks each month!
Sew up your block(s) and post a picture to Instagram! Each month, when you post a picture of your finished block(s) to Instagram using the hashtag #qp2022sewalong, you will be entered to win fabulous quilting prizes. Drawings will be held quarterly, but each month you post counts as one entry! Full rules are listed below.
We have some fun prizes lined up for you this year!
- Quarter 1: Aurifil Collection of 6 large spools
- Quarter 2: 15 FQ bundle of Kona Solids in our favorite Quilter’s Planner Colors
- Quarter 3: Coupon code for a complimentary 2023 Quilter’s Planner
- Quarter 4: Fabric bundle to make the 2023 BOM Sampler Quilt (to be announced)
Rules for entering your sewn blocks to win prizes online
- When you post a photo of your block(s) on Instagram by the end of each month, you’ll be entered into our quarterly drawing.
- You must tag @thequiltersplanner on Instagram with your entry and use the #qp2022sewalong hashtag so we can track your entry.
- For those not on social media, an email entry is allowed. Please email a photo of your block to email@example.com by the entry deadline.
- Each month’s entry must be posted by 11:59pm Pacific Time on the last day of the month to be eligible. Each month that you post will be counted as one entry for that quarter’s drawing.
- Winners will be notified within a week of quarterly drawings being closed. If the winner does not respond within two weeks of our first contact, a new winner will be selected.
- Some prizes may not be available for participants outside the US. Winners will be contacted via social media and asked to provide email address and shipping address.
- If a prize alternative is required, it will be sent via email.
- This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, and participants release Instagram from any claims associated with this giveaway.
If you have any questions about the pattern, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org