2023 River Avon Sew Along
Join us as we sew the River Avon quilt pattern, designed by Claire Campion and found exclusively in the 2023 Quilter’s Planner. During the year, we will be building this quilt from the inside out, sewing a little bit each month until we have a fully finished quilt in September!
Keep reading for more information about the pattern, how to join along, and how to enter to win our 2023 Sew Along prizes. Throughout the year, we’ll add encouragement, inspiration, and tips on this page to help as you make your own version.
You are welcome to join in at any point during the Sew Along; it’s never too late!
Here’s how to join:
1. Get the 2023 Quilter’s Planner and review the River Avon pattern
The River Avon pattern is found exclusively in the Patterns section of the 2023 Quilter’s Planner. All of the pattern notes, instructions and fabric requirements are found there.
This striking medallion pattern is beginner-friendly while still having a lot of visual interest. We will sew together from January to September.
A note from Claire: “The best part for me was making it for the first time after we had all settled on how we would break it up for the BOM, and seeing it come together with such ease. I’m really excited for everyone to make it and have the same feelings.”
2. Choose a colorway and select fabrics
For our version of River Avon, we chose some of our favorite Quilter’s Planner colors! Somewhere between midtones and pastels, these colors really sing against the white background!
Not the color combo for you?
Your version of River Avon should reflect your own unique personality, so our friends at Sewfinity have created three alternate colorways for you: Daisy Vibes, Starlight and Sunlight.
And the best part? They have kits for each version, so you don’t have to scramble to find the right fabrics- they have them ready for you! Click the image of your favorite version to be brought to the kit, or visit www.sewfinity.com
3. Add the Sew Along deadlines into your Quilter’s Planner calendar
It’s easy to forget to sew your blocks, but adding all the deadlines to your calendar now will help you stay on track during the year so you never miss a deadline! Use the schedule below to plan your Sew Along sewing days.
4. Join the community
Follow @thequiltersplanner on Instagram and join our Facebook group to join our community of makers. Ask us questions, encourage one another, and show off your work!
Share this graphic to let your friends know you’ll be joining in the 2023 Sew Along, then share your coloring pages (you’ll find one in your Quilter’s Planner!), fabric selections, and sewing progress throughout the year.
5. Enter your blocks each month
There are two ways to enter your finishes each month:
1- post a picture to Instagram using the hashtag #qp2023sewalong
2- email a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each month that you submit a photo, you will be entered into the prize drawing. We will draw for all prizes in early October when the Sew Along is complete, but each month you submit a photo counts as an entry! Full rules are listed below.
Rules for entering your sewn blocks to win prizes
- When you post a photo of your completed block(s) on Instagram by the end of each month OR email a photo of your block to email@example.com, you’ll be entered into our drawings held at the end of the Sew Along.
- You must use the #qp2023sewalong hashtag on Instagram so we can track your entry.
- Each month’s entry must be posted or emailed by 11:59pm Pacific Time on the last day of that month to be eligible. Each month that you submit will be counted as one entry.
- Winners will be notified within a week of the drawings being closed. If the winner does not respond within two weeks of our first contact, a new winner will be selected.
- Some prizes may not be available for participants outside the US. Winners will be contacted via social media and asked to provide email address and shipping address. If a prize is not available in your country, an alternate prize will be provided.
- If a prize alternative is required, it will be sent via email.
- This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, and participants release Instagram from any claims associated with this giveaway.
Sew Along Prizes
We have some fun prizes lined up for you this year! A separate winner will be selected for each prize.
- A $50 gift card to Sewfinity, makers of the River Avon quilt kits! (US-winners only)
- A Radiant Dreams Aurifil thread collection
- A Quilter’s Planner-themed Fat Quarter bundle curated by Lorinda Davis
Happy sewing! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you get stuck or have questions!
River Avon Blog Posts
River Avon Quilt Kits from Sewfinity
In case you missed it, we recently shared on our website everything you need to know about the upcoming 2023 Quilter's Planner River Avon Sew Along. We are so excited to be making Claire's quilt along with you! And today we'd like to share about how you can get your...
2023 Designer Spotlight: Claire Campion
We have been so pleased this year to be working with another incredible line up of designers for the 2023 Quilter’s Planner, and we want to tell you all about them! Throughout the month of August, we will interview each of our designers, share more about them and tell...