This month, we venture into Foundation Paper Piecing! This is the first of two FPP blocks in our quilt.
We know that for some of you, FPP is new and a little scary, so we made a video covering the basics of FPP using our Quilted Bookmark pattern designed by Anna Avery-Vaugh. This pattern went out to all of our 2021 Quilter’s Planner purchasers. If you don’t have it, no need to worry! You can follow the same steps using your November block pattern.
Some points to note from the video:
One way to help alleviate stress when Foundation Paper Piecing is to cut your fabrics slightly oversized to compensate for any slight mistakes in your fabric placement.
Also, be sure to start and stop your stitching just beyond the line on the pattern to keep your seams secure.
Take care when you tear your papers to be gentle and not pull out or loosen your stitches.
If you tried FPP for the first time on this block- we are so proud of you! As always when learning something new, be patient with yourself. Don’t rush this block, but take the time to enjoy the process.
We are on the home stretch, friends. Next month, we will make our final block and assemble our quilt tops!
Guidelines to enter your sewn blocks into our quarterly challenge (and win prizes on Instagram and Facebook)
- Between the 1st and the 7th day of each month, you’ll find the pattern for that month’s block and select your fabrics.
- Between the 8th and the 14th, you’ll get your fabrics prepped and cut.
- Between the 15th and the end of each month, sew up your block and post it to Instagram (please use the #qp2020sewalong hashtag) or to the Facebook group (using the same #qp2020sewalong hashtag).
Rules for entering your sewn blocks to win prizes online
- When you post a photo of your block on Instagram or in our Facebook group by each deadline set for the month (between the 15th and the end of the month), you’ll be entered into a quarterly drawing for some great prizes from our sponsors.
- You must tag @thequiltersplanner on IG and @QuiltersPlanner on Facebook with your entry and use the hashtag #qp2020sewalong hashtag so we can track your entry.
- Each month’s entry must be posted by 11:59pm on the last day of the month Central Time to be eligible. Each month you post will be counted as one entry for that quarter’s drawing.
- If you win the quarterly prize, you will be eligible to win again at 6 months, and 12 months, if you complete and enter each month’s block on time.
- Some prizes may not be available for participants outside the US due to shipping costs. Winners will be contacted via social media and asked to provide email address and shipping address.
- If a prize alternative is required, it will be sent via email.
- If you do not receive your prize within one month, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can contact prize sponsors and help coordinate a new shipment.
- These contests are not affiliated with Instagram or Facebook in any way.