Have you every tried piecing circles in your quilting projects? If you have never given it a try, now is the time! We have a fantastic step-by-step tutorial and a gorgeous, free circles pattern called Half Moons Afire to share with you.
The Half Moons Afire quilt is by the talented quilter Leanne Parsons, AKA Devoted Quilter. Leanne has written a lovely, tutorial and pattern to get you piecing circles quickly, without stress. She provides clear photos and a simple and beautiful pattern. You will be a circle expert in no time!
We just love the beautiful spectrum of icy blues with a pop of orange. Don’t be intimidated by the curves; Leanne has written a clear step by step tutorial with clear color photographs, so you can nail them in no time!
What you’ll need
- Click HERE to download the circles tutorial and HALF MOONS AFIRE quilt pattern PDF
- Assorted blue prints – 3 1/2 yards total (or check out this beautiful bundle of 15 batik fat quarters)
- Dark orange print – 1/4 yard
- Light orange print – 1/4 yard
- Dark blue sashing/binding – 1 1/2 yards
- Backing – 4 yards
- Batting – at least 62″ square
- Rotary Cutter and Mat
- Glasshead pins
- Iron and ironing mat