Got Freelance Articles To Submit to the Quilter’s Planner?
We are currently accepting quilting and sewing articles to be featured on our magazine-style blog at QuiltersPlanner.com.
- Creativity and Inspiration
- Sewing Techniques
- All articles must be accompanied by at least 3 photos (we prefer light and bright for our aesthetic) that are at least 1200 pixels wide.
- Word Count: 300 to 2500.
- Guest bloggers are asked to post a link to their post once it is published on QuiltersPlanner.com, and may then publish their article on their own blog after 3 months.
Sewing related articles and tutorials: $40-$50 OR two weeks advertising on the sidebar at QuiltersPlanner.com. For sidebar advertisements, the guest blogger must provide an image that will link to their website. The image should be 210 pixels wide x 150 pixels tall.
2020 Pattern Submissions
If you’ve thought it would be fun to have your quilt pattern published in the 2020 Quilter’s Planner, now is your chance!
Submit a digital rendering of your idea plus a query note introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 16, 2018. Please include your social media reach.
We are accepting designs for pillows, bags, sewing organizers, sewing machine covers, and quilts.
- Accepted designs will be notified via email in early December (target date: Monday, December 3rd).
- Finished projects (quilts and patterns) are due March 15, 2019.
We accept quilt patterns for a wide range of quilt sizes, but for practical photography purposes, the largest physical sample should be a large lap to twin size.
Payment and Rights: Range $150- $400
Quilter’s Planner reserves the right to keep the pattern up on the blog in perpetuity. Designers may sell their own pattern in their own shop 8 months after publication (publication date: September 30, 2019). Designers may be invited to have their work included in future Quilter’s Planner digital ebooks.