We’re hoping you’ll join us on Facebook and Instagram as we sew the 2018 QP Sampler Quilt Block of the Month (BOM) pattern. Check out our Facebook group and Instagram for tips for sewing a beautiful sampler quilt. You can get support and help along the way by asking our QP experts and group members. You can join in at any point during the year. It’s never too late!
All you need to participate in our BOM sew-along is your copy of the 2018 Quilter’s Planner and the accompanying pattern magazine.
We’ve even made these free downloadable coloring pages to make it easier to plan your version of the 2018 sampler quilt (see below for the download).
How to Join In the QP 2018 BOM Sew Along:
Guidelines to enter your sewn blocks into our monthly challenge
(win prizes on Instagram and Facebook):
- Between the 1st and the 7th day of each month, you’ll find the pattern for that month’s block and select your fabrics.
- Between the 8th and the 14th, you’ll get your fabrics prepped and cut.
- Between the 15th and the end of the month, sew up your block and post it to Instagram (please use the #qp2018sewalong hashtag) or to the Facebook group (using the same #qp2018sewalong hashtag).
FREE Downloadable Coloring Pages for the Block of the Month Sew-Along
With our new FREE downloadable coloring pages (see button below to download), you can plan your own, customized version of the Quilters’ Planner Block of the Month quilt pattern.
Choose your colors, and enjoy some quiet, relaxing coloring time, to see how well your selections play together in your quilt design.
Coloring pages are included for both quilt layout settings, as well as small 3″ tall versions that can be colored, cut out, and attached to your Project Planner page (double sided tape, dab of glue, washi tape, etc!). There are also individual blocks sized perfectly to fit on any graph paper page in the Quilter’s Planner for those who want to play with alternate layouts. You can cut out each block with or without sashing and have fun!
A note about downloading the coloring pages: The download will open in a new tab in your web browser and you can download or save the file from that window. If you are on an Apple mobile device and are experiencing trouble downloading the PDF, try switching to a computer or deactivating your pop up ad blocker.
Rules for Entering your Sewn Blocks to Win Prizes Online:
- When you post a photo of your block on Instagram or in our Facebook group, by each deadline set for the month (usually the first of the month), you’ll be entered into a drawing for some great prizes from our sponsors.
- You must tag @thequiltersplanner on IG and @QuiltersPlanner on Facebook with your entry and use the hashtag #qp2018sewalong hashtag so we can track your entry.
- Each month’s entry must be posted by 12:01am on the 1st of the month Central Time to be eligible.
- If you win one month’s prize, you will be eligible to win again at 6 months, and 12 months, if you complete and enter each month’s block on time.
- Some prizes may not be available for participants outside the US due to shipping costs. Winners will be contacted via social media and asked to provide email address and shipping address.
- If a prize alternative is required, will be sent via email.
- If you do not receive your prize within one month, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can contact prize sponsors and help coordinate a new shipment.
- These contests are not affiliated with Instagram or Facebook in any way.
General Tips for Sewing the 2018 QP Block of the Month Pattern:
- Fabric Requirements for the pattern are listed for the whole project on p. 26 of the pattern magazine. They are also listed per block, if you do not plan to sew the entire sampler.
- Along the way, we will provide you with tips and tricks on Instagram, in our Facebook group and via email for success and to answer your questions as they arise.
- If you’re worried about missing Sew Along dates, we’ve got you covered – reminders will be posted on Instagram, on our Facebook Page, and in our Facebook group as we move through the different phases of the Sew Along.
- While these aren’t required, 3½” and 4½” square rulers may speed up the process of trimming and squaring your blocks. If not, there’s no need to worry. Many quilting rulers have 45 degree lines printed on them. These handy lines are great for helping you to align your seams
Happy Sewing! Please contact us on Instagram or in our Facebook group and tag us if you get stuck or have questions!