Thank you for joining us for our Block of the Month as we sew the 2020 Quilter’s Planner Sampler Quilt designed by Karen Lewis. This post will give you the info you need to get started. All you need to participate in our BOM sew-along is your copy of the 2020 Quilter’s Planner and the accompanying pattern magazine. Each month, we will post here with a few tips and tricks to help you make your blocks the best they can be. You can also check out our Facebook group and Instagram for tips for sewing a beautiful sampler quilt. You can get support and help along the way by asking our QP experts and group members.
Don’t forget that you can join in at any point during the year; it’s never too late!
How to join in the QP 2019 Block of the Month Sew-Along
1. First make sure you have the 2020 Quilter’s Planner and the free Companion Magazine that comes with it. All of the pattern notes and fabric requirements are in the magazine starting on page 14.
2. Choose a colorway! We’ve provided two options in the magazine, Nordic and Fresh. If you prefer something different, you can photocopy or print the coloring page (at the bottom of this post), and begin coloring them in to try out different color choices. Choose your favorite!
3. Select fabrics! The fabric requirements are located in the magazine on p. 15.
4. Join the community! Follow @thequiltersplanner on Instagram or join our Facebook group (linked here) to join a community of makers. We will be sharing tips, encouragement, and excitement (and prizes!) and are looking forward to sewing along with you. We will sew one block per month, and you will post a picture of your block(s), using the hashtag #QP2020sewalong on Instagram or in our Facebook Group. Each month you post a picture of your block, you will be entered to win fabulous quilting prizes. Drawings will be held quarterly, but each month you post counts as one entry!
5. Finally, spread the word! Sewing with friends across the country is so much fun. Share a photo of your coloring pages, fabric pull, or just your Planner, Magazine and excitement and help spread the word! The community that grows around a year-long Sew Along is part of the fun, and the more the merrier! Be sure to tag #quiltersplanner and @thequiltersplanner when sharing on Instagram so that we can be sure to see your fabulous progress.
Guidelines to enter your sewn blocks into our quarterly challenge (and win prizes on Instagram and Facebook)
- Between the 1st and the 7th day of each month, you’ll find the pattern for that month’s block and select your fabrics.
- Between the 8th and the 14th, you’ll get your fabrics prepped and cut.
- Between the 15th and the end of each month, sew up your block and post it to Instagram (please use the #qp2020sewalong hashtag) or to the Facebook group (using the same #qp2020sewalong hashtag).
Rules for entering your sewn blocks to win prizes online
- When you post a photo of your block on Instagram or in our Facebook group by each deadline set for the month (between the 15th and the end of the month), you’ll be entered into a quarterly drawing for some great prizes from our sponsors.
- You must tag @thequiltersplanner on IG and @QuiltersPlanner on Facebook with your entry and use the hashtag #qp2020sewalong hashtag so we can track your entry.
- Each month’s entry must be posted by 11:59pm on the last day of the month Central Time to be eligible. Each month you post will be counted as one entry for that quarter’s drawing.
- If you win the quarterly prize, you will be eligible to win again at 6 months, and 12 months, if you complete and enter each month’s block on time.
- Some prizes may not be available for participants outside the US due to shipping costs. Winners will be contacted via social media and asked to provide email address and shipping address.
- If a prize alternative is required, it will be sent via email.
- If you do not receive your prize within one month, please contact us at email@example.com so we can contact prize sponsors and help coordinate a new shipment.
- These contests are not affiliated with Instagram or Facebook in any way.
General tips for sewing the 2020 QP Block of the Month pattern
- Fabric requirements for the pattern are listed for the whole project on p. 15 of the 2020 Quilter’s Planner magazine. They are also listed per block in the magazine, if you do not plan to sew the entire sampler.
- Along the way, we will provide you with tips and tricks on Instagram, our blog, in our Facebook group and via email for success and to answer your questions as they arise.
- If you have any questions about the pattern or feel a correction needs to be made, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Quilter’s Planner Team